ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) WORKPLACE SAFETY
Health and safety is the domain that innovation forgot–until now
Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and Internet of things (IoT) enablement are transforming business and offer significant opportunity to improve the health and safety of your employees.
On-the-job tragedies have an irreversible impact on families and friends and put employee morale and company reputation at risk. The cost of workplace injuries, in terms of wage, productivity, and administrative losses, is estimated at $161.5 billion per year (US Department of Labor).
Together with your optimized processes and parameters, our AI workplace safety solution combines IoT and AI with our trained Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts to detect and prevent workplace hazards and take real-time action to significantly improve the safety and well-being of employees.
The safety data are clear: the status quo is not good enough
- On average, more than 5,000 workers die on the job every year (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
- An estimated 20–30% of workplace slip-and-fall accidents cause moderate to severe injuries, such as head injuries and concussions, broken bones, and spinal cord injuries (US Department of Labor).
- Gartner has predicted that, by 2021, AI augmentation will recover 6.2 billion hours of worker productivity.
Use the power of technology to monitor 24/7 at all sites
As a manager, you simply cannot monitor workers on proper execution of tasks or use of resources personally 24/7. With technology, you can.
Our AI remote-monitoring solution can be adapted for a multitude of industries and environments, using a variety of IoT-enabled devices. The solution could, for example, be configured as follows.
- The wireless cameras captures footage of the space (e.g., factory floor, hospital hallway) to detect potential hazards.
- The image is routed to the cloud, where AI technologies look for patterns and anomalies, and SOC team members spot-check.
- When the AI detects a possible safety issue, it is instantly verified by the SOC. If confirmed, a local safety representative receives an alert.
- The local safety rep immediately goes to the actual site to investigate and intervene.
- After addressing the incident, the local safety rep confirms that the system alert was correct, and the underlying cameras and AI technology now monitor specifically for those issues. The goal is to increase automation over time.
- Images are stored for future reference.
- Later that day, you download a report that helps you to justify new equipment purchases; enhance training; and show proof of effort to auditors, insurers, potential employees, etc.
Our AI workplace safety solution combines Bots&Brains™
Many leading companies provide state-of-the-art cloud technologies that can be leveraged as the foundation of an AI workplace safety system. Yet, as advanced as these technologies are, they alone still can’t save lives or reduce workplace accidents. Today, the answer lies in a combination of manual and cloud-based monitoring approaches. Our solution includes our SOC, a team that monitors remotely, tweaks the system, and confirms what is false and positive, with the ultimate goal of a fully automated, continuously improving system.
Security operations center
A centralized team of trained analysts dedicated to ensuring a continuously improving system and staff safety.
Procedures and processes
System parameters that align with your goals, rules, procedures, preferences, and processes.
A fully customized system that unites your existing IT resources with the IoT and AI that best suit your goals.
AI workplace safety can be applied practically anywhere
- Manufacturing and construction: monitor use of equipment
- Utilities and oil and gas: avoid spills and leaks
- Hospitals and healthcare: avoid falls, monitor sharps, etc.
- Hospitality and restaurants: keep food temperatures safe
- CPG and retail: minimize theft and loss
- Transportation and logistics: ensure driver safety
- Schools: detect weapons and unauthorized access
Putting the health and safety of workers first is priceless
- Predict, prevent, and avoid accidents
- Enforce health and safety procedures consistently
- Automate job risk analysis and H&S audits
- Reduce travel requirements through centralized monitoring
- Allow human resources to solve complex problems
- Detect the anomalies and patterns that humans can’t
Increase AI workplace safety with almost any IoT device
HGS Digital’s AI workplace safety system was built with IoT-enabled cameras in mind, but that’s really just the beginning. Using the following types of measurements and devices, the system could be configured to protect additional assets!
- Facial, image, and speech recognition applications
- Temperature, wind, pressure, and fluid gauges
- Odometers, speedometers, and scales
- Moisture and fluid levels
- GPS, proximity, and boundary detection
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID)
- Lighting and sound meters
- Air quality, particulate levels
Let's get started
Give us 30 minutes, and we’ll discuss your remote-monitoring options and start to help you improve worker health and safety. Isn’t your team’s safety worth 30 minutes?