Business Process Reengineering
Design first, automate next
Businesses are oftentimes looking to new technologies to help them stay ahead, even though their processes and systems are often outdated. To address this gap and ensure high efficiency in automation, business process reengineering focuses on fixing the processes before automating the tasks. Human efficiency that’s supported by bot technology is at the crux of process reengineering.
Reengineering is one of the core components of HGS's automation process. It includes reviewing the current process and designing a new, improved process with the goal of enhancing the automation output.
At HGS, our expertise in process automation includes hundreds of clients and process optimization across domains. This experience, combined with experts around the globe, gives us an edge over competitors.
While reengineering, It is imperative to identify any dependencies on interconnected processes to understand the repercussions of automation and how to deal with them.
Most process reengineering initiatives have the following stages:
- Examine the process to understand the current scenario and the way the process functions
- Review the process using tools that undertake gap analysis as well as eliminating any non-value-added steps within the process
- Interview stakeholders to understand the objective, challenges faced, and the desired outcome of automation
- Incorporate feedback to streamline the process
- Get domain expertise and best practices to fine-tune the process as needed
- Design new process to make it nimble and linear, and remove current inefficiencies
Why is process reengineering critical to businesses?
Steps to process reengineering
Process reengineering can vary from business-as-usual, where organizations are simply looking for leaner processes, to strategic improvements involving a complete overhaul of the processes. Depending on the objective and scope of automation, there are multiple steps in process reengineering. Here are a few:
- Identifying industry-wide best practices, leveraging know-how, and mapping the process to match the best practices
- Using tools such as six sigma and lean principles to find the gaps and removing inefficiencies to improve the process
- Conducting a complete design overhaul of the current process and designing a new process
- Using process mining tools to get a better visibility of the overall processes, identify gaps, roadblocks, hand off issues etc.
Intelligent automation-related services
HGS Digital provides end-to-end automation services.
Robotic process automation
Related case studies
Book a strategy consultation
Get ready to kick-start your automation journey. Our enthusiastic and energized team is ready and revving up to partner with you to change the face of automation. Just fill in the details below and allow us to show you the HGS impact.