Move on-premises contact center technologies to the cloud for flexibility
As companies pursue new markets, embrace work at home, and grow along with their customers, they begin to look for more scalable, flexible customer service technologies.
Cloud telephony, also known as contact center as a service (CCaaS), replaces numerous, costly, on-premise contact center infrastructure providers with a much smaller number of pay-as-you-go, cloud-based providers.
CCaaS reduces the burden on the IT department, reduces the need for a brick and mortar contact center, and allows you to address seasonality fluctuations more efficiently.
CCaaS offers benefits for both small and enterprise contact centers.
CCaaS leads to CapEx, CX, and EX improvements
Moving your contact center infrastructure to the cloud not only reduces IT costs, it improves the employee (EX), customer (CX), and manager experience:
- Agents can address phone calls, chats, social posts, and emails; initiate video conferencing; view customer CRM records; and access all the applications they normally would use to interact with customers with a browser. Agents also have quick access to performance scorecards, internal instant messages, agent-assist bots, product and order details, training, and even customer satisfaction and sentiment indicators.
- Customers, at the same time, have an increased ability to channel-pivot, with a decreased need to repeat themselves. They get the right answer, faster. And, if needed, they have more reliable access to surveys, post-call follow-up information (by text, email, or chat), and transcripts.
- Team leaders are some of the hardest workers in your contact center, but you can make their jobs easier. Managers can closely monitor real-time agent activity, assign tasks, record interactions, send instant messages, deliver coaching tips, listen in on any call, access real-time reports and assess voice recordings for QA.
On-premise contact center IT is fraught with issues
Clients interested in moving to cloud telephony are motivated by common concerns:
- Centers are constrained to specific locations and numbers of seats
- Too many systems and platforms—hardware, software, telephony, etc. all handled separately
- Limited data, analytics, and insights from current setup
- Costly and lengthy on-premise infrastructure setup
- Limited integrations—difficult to integrate third party systems
- Low customer satisfaction (CSAT), as customers cannot channel-pivot with conversational continuity
- Low employee satisfaction (ESAT), as agents do not have the built-in tools to achieve performance targets
- Difficult to scale, adjust for business cycle
We help you address these issues with cloud telephony
Implementing CCaaS can be daunting and time-consuming. HGS Digital can help by:
- Objectively identifying requirements
- Creating strategies, plans, and roadmaps
- Vetting vendors and selecting toolsets
- Executing pilot projects and providing proof of concept
- Completing programming, configuration, customizations, and integrations
- Providing resources to migrate data to cloud from legacy systems, decommission on-premise infrastructure, and ramp in the cloud
- Decommissioning point-to-point links (e.g., MPLS) and moving to high-speed Internet
- Offering training and support as your in-house resources learn the new systems
- Ensuring ongoing delivery, maintenance, privacy, security, compliance, and optimization
We provide an easy-to-use interface to manage contact center performance
Our CCaaS offerings increase customer, IT, operational, and employee visibility.
- Agents focus on customer service, not systems navigation
- Supports a small team of in-house agents, work at home agents, or hundreds of agents spread across geographies
- Dynamic contact flows and routing across channels
- Training, QA, and WFM shared services fully integrated
- Faster and cheaper setup and operational costs
- Seamless and dynamic third-party integrations available
- Low maintenance and minimal supervision is needed
- Redundancy, disaster recovery, privacy and security handled for you
- Analytics and business intelligence to improve the CX
- 360-degree view of customer needs across channels
- Easier channel pivoting with greater consistency
- Faster, more useful responses from brands
CCaaS opens the door to an AI-driven, cognitive contact center
Whether you are a long-term HGS contact center client or a new one looking for help with a discrete project, our goal is to start simple, increase sophistication over time, and create clear business value.
We start by moving your on-prem architecture to the cloud, giving you more flexibility to respond to business demands than ever before.
Within three or four months, you’ll stabilize on the new technology and start to notice improvements in staffing, KPIs, satisfaction, etc.
Within twelve months, you could be recognized as an industry leader operating an AI-driven, cognitive contact center generating remarkable NPS® and CSAT scores.
At HGS Digital, we create CX innovators.
3-months / 6-months / 1-year progression
Take a moment to compare on-premise versus cloud-based telephony
On-premise solutions (e.g., Avaya, Genesys, Cisco) are fully customizable but are complex and require significant resource investment. Full software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions (e.g., NICE inContact, Five9) are easy to deploy, inexpensive, and inflexible. With our cloud telephony, we offer a customizable, easy-to-deploy middle ground between on-premise and full SaaS solutions via platforms such as Twilio and Amazon Connect.
- Setup and go-live takes mere days
- Pay-as-you-go and never pay for what you don’t use
- Geography not a factor to providing support
- Automatic scaling for volume fluctuations
- Business continuity and system administration built-in
- Ideal for clients who want global delivery
- Planning and installation can take months
- High upfront and upgrade costs (hardware, software, licensing, space)
- Difficult to adjust for fluctuating number of agents; all personnel must be managed on-premise
- Scaling requires planning, redesign of architecture
Gartner states that “CCaaS solutions are becoming the preferred deployment model for many contact centers in North America, replacing traditional on-premises contact center infrastructure.... [CCaaS] offers similar functional capabilities to those of on-premises contact center infrastructure, but there are key differences. With CCaaS, connectivity to other cloud-based applications may be easier, consumption is paid for via monthly subscription, and there is a stronger focus on service capabilities.” Don’t just take our word for it!
Our CCaaS is entirely customizable to meet your needs, but common features include service/call observance, call record on demand, on-demand listening to recordings stored in cloud, voice-call assessment, CRM integrations (including populating fields in forms), WFM integrations, agent availability monitoring, call flow configuration and task routing, and real-time and historical reports and dashboards.
Normally, we’d start with a business case or cost-benefit comparison study of cloud to your current architecture. Assuming the comparison yields desirable results, we’ll work with you to select the right cloud telephony to improve your contact center and then port voice and data connectivity to the cloud. Once the cloud technologies are in place, we’ll setup a cloud ACD, migrate call flows from on-prem, and create users. Training modules and QA setup (call recordings, assessment) will ensue, unless there are more critical integrations (CRM, bot, CSAT, knowledgebase, compliance, voicemail, omnichannel, analytics) must take place for your organization first. Then, we’ll do some testing, training and, if successful, we’ll cutover to your new cloud-based contact center infrastructure.
Yes, these solutions can be set up to be ISO 27001, PCi-DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, etc. compliant as needed.
We deliver the technologies—and the people—for competitiveness
Why spend time trying to align multiple, siloed, on-prem technology vendors to improve the CX when you can modernize the entirety of your contact center operations (CCO) with just one? HGS Digital has the people, the technologies, the processes, and the experience to take your CCO to the cloud.
Omnichannel and global
For queues onshore, nearshore, offshore, and in the cloud
Programmable and flexible
Modernize and customize in a cloud environment
Designed for evolution
Excellent connectivity, availability, scalability, and redundancy
Resilient and secure
Compliant, protected, and continually monitored and managed
Related cloud telephony services
As a platform-agnostic partner, our goal is to support you and recommend the best cloud telephony for you. We bridge gaps in understanding, skillsets and, based on our deep domain expertise, can show you what’s possible now and as your team’s understanding matures.
Cloud telephony for a quick ramp of work-at-home agents
A leading U.S. TV and tech accessories brand engaged HGS Digital during the COVID-19 pandemic to set up 25 Work@Home agents in the Philippines to take tier 1 technical support calls for its consumer electronic products. Because the Twilio and integrated Salesforce solution proved successful, the contact center is slated to grow to 100 agents over the next three years.
Book a strategy consultation
Big things often have small beginnings. All you need to do to start your contact center digital transformation is fill out this short form for a free consultation.