About our client
Our client is a global leader in business process management (BPM) and optimizing the customer experience lifecycle. They help make clients more competitive every day by combining technology-powered services in automation, analytics, and digital with domain expertise focusing on back-office processing, contact centers, and HRO solutions to deliver transformational impact to clients.
With a goal to improve candidate screening processes and drive overall efficiencies to their hiring process, our client was seeking a recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) solution. This solution would need to provide first line recruitment services and candidate screening of applicants.
The client recruitment process outsourcing team needed to setup a contact center in the Philippines to provide first line recruitment services and candidate screening of applicants.
- They needed to centralize delivery of first level recruitment and manpower sourcing for HGS US and Canada Offices.
- They needed a solution to support for the US and Canada offices by screening and qualifying applicants and matching the applicants to the recruitment managers.
- The client was given only 14 days to complete the setup of the contact center telephony platform with call recording.
- The client needed to provide one DID number for US applicants and one DID number for Canada applicants.
- Inbound calls needed to be routed to specific agents who are tasked to handle a particular country.
- They need to achieve better alignment and improved quality of the candidate screening and qualifying process.
HGS Digital's team of seasoned service professionals worked alongside the Client team to build and deliver the following:
- Creation of contact flows within Amazon Connect:
- Inbound calls are routed to the agents who are tasked to handle calls from applicants from a specific country (US or Canada).
- If no agents are available, the caller is given an option to leave a voice mail instead of continuing to wait on the queue.
- Agents also make outbound calls to the applicants for screening and scheduling.
- All calls are recorded 100% via Amazon connect and stored on S3.
- The default reporting platform of Amazon Connect will be used for all real-time and historical reports.
- It took the team a day to setup the contact flows as compared to taking a week to set it up on our traditional on-premise systems.
- Different DID numbers were claimed from Amazon Connect corresponding to US and Canada applicants.
- Provide the enabling technology (Amazon Connect) to quickly setup the offshore recruitment support team:
- Cloud-based telephony system to handle inbound and outbound calls
- Call recording sytem
- Reporting and analytics
In-house developed recruitment management system (RMS) will be used for job openings and candidates matching
The technology was set up with a collaboration between the HGS Digital team and the Client's Philippines Technology services team.
- Time to market was significantly improved by avoiding any procurement time (with an average time reduction of 15 to 30 days if the licenses are not available in-house for the on-premise system).
- Since Amazon Connect is a pay-per-use model, the per-minute cost of using the cloud platform is proving to be very economical to the business.
- Amazon Connect allows the client to scale over time without a need for an upfront capital expense.
- The platform can easily provide a multi-delivery/multi-geo center capability for the client without complex call routing designs when compared to an on-premise system.
- There was zero upfront capital investment on Amazon Connect vs. high CAPEX when using on-premise systems.