About our client
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, based in New York City, is the nation’s largest not-for-profit, non-sectarian hospital, with 2,409 beds. The hospital has nearly 2 million inpatient and outpatient visits in a year, including 12,797 deliveries and 195,294 visits to its emergency departments. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital’s 6,144 affiliated physicians and 19,376 staff provide state-of-the-art inpatient, ambulatory and preventive care in all areas of medicine at five major centers.
NewYork-Presbyterian needed to reengineer and consolidate over 200 public web sites containing over 100,000 pages. Additional challenges included:
- Retaining converting site visitors by offering current health information tied into the appropriate access to services
- Empowering departments to own web content
- Rolling out interactive multimedia strategy and different disease management tools to entice site visitors
- Use of pre-built, fully customizable workflow allow each department to express its web personality and still fall within brand standards
- Website development and implementation on Oracle WebCenter Sites
- Reduced cost of implementations using well-tested framework
- Competitive advantage over other organizations by being ahead of the curve
- Enterprise-wide solution for shared authoring of content, multimedia and interactive materials.
- Faster time-to-market leveraging pre-build modules
- Create once, publish to all channels simplifies content creation mechanism
- Visitors from a search engine not only find the targeted information, but also lists of related actionable links resulting in more online appointment requests
- High ROI through various added functionalities
Visualization of project outcomes