Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Architect
HGS Digital is looking for seasoned Salesforce Technical Architect for a critical role to support client’s delivery teams and solve the toughest technical problems.
- Lead Architect for Salesforce Commerce practice, responsible for technology implementations, enterprise architecture decision making, project implementation processes, and team leadership.
- Partnering with technology products & services, including Salesforce, to architect & implement solutions that address the needs of stakeholders. Developed functional, technical, and platform requirements as part of projects.
- Designing and implementing discovery, definition, and design process to streamline the requirements gathering process across projects.
- Partnering with business, IT, and marketing leaders to enable the execution of strategies related to eCommerce & web technology. Working directly with stakeholders to define, prioritize, and execute these initiatives.
- Participating with business development team to sell opportunities related to eCommerce with prospective partners & clients.
- Participating in implementation backend software technology using a variety of tools in partnership with developers.
- Perform technical design for and lead implementation of client projects.
- Responsible for technical design and deliverables for client projects.
- Interact with client IT teams to coordinate delivery and deployment of solutions.
- Present technical solutions to both business and IT teams.
- Provide technical leadership for project teams.
- Leads development of mentorship and training programs for company technical staff.
- Sets company-wide technical standards and actively participates in technical practice domains.
- Participate in the sales process as an SME or SE when needed.
- In conjunction with a Client Partner and Project Manager, own the overall delivery of client projects.
- Contribute to the proposal writing and SOW creation process.
- Work with the staffing team to ensure projects are staffed with the correct number of resources and proper level of expertise.
- Strong knowledge and expertise regarding SFCC Platform.
Tools & Skills Required:
- 10 years of software development experience with enterprise applications and/or platforms.
- 5 years in technical leadership or architect position.
- Industry knowledge e-commerce and web, B2B and B2C business models.
- Expert knowledge designing solutions for Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform (Commerce Cloud B2C and/or B2B). Developer or Architect certification is a plus.
- Experience integrating with systems in a business or e-commerce ecosystem & third-party APIs (Order Management, 3PL, PIM, CRM, ERP, WMS, ESP, Marketing platforms, Content platforms).
- Knowledge of Order Cloud, Service Cloud or Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of server-side web technologies & frameworks and software engineering principles, databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; caching/performance improvements; software design patterns and integration patterns.
- Experience shaping projects including authoring/reviewing proposals and SOWs.
- Experience leading and influencing cross-disciplinary teams through all phases of project.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills; Solution-oriented approach to software development.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.