Cloud DevOps Engineers
We looking to add Cloud DevOps Engineer to our growing Infrastructure team. This candidate works to improve software development and release lifecycle efficiencies by modernizing our customers’ processes & workflows and building a robust Continuous Integration/Deployment pipeline. The ideal candidate will be well-versed managing Linux based systems.
Hiring for Chicago, IL
This person will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance pertaining to organizing, securing, and automating existing product development workflows and must be proficient with agile development processes and best practices.
- Analyze current architecture and make architectural changes as needed
- Manage the configuration of the build infrastructure (Windows and Linux)
- Participate in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of the current situation and ways to implement the solution, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines
- Improve reliability and performance of test and build processes
- Design and maintain automated release channels
- Proactively look for ways to automate the installation and upkeep of build tools and dependencies
- Interact with the Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help define interoperability across systems and processes
- Review and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process
- Own the process for releasing builds into QA and up to production
- Managing pre/post release code merges and the code branching strategies
Background and Experience (including education, skills, work activities)
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or associated fields or bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional experience in Information Technology field
- 5+ years of working knowledge with one or more operating systems: Ubuntu (Preferred), RHEL, CentOS Linux, and Windows Servers
- Working knowledge with one or more programming tools: Bash, Python, Ruby and Go
- Working knowledge with Container technologies: Kubernetes (Mandatory), Docker, any cloud provider
- Working knowledge with Monitoring technologies: Zabbix (preferred), Splunk, etc.
- Working knowledge with Network technologies
- Working knowledge with ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluent, and GitHub
- Configuration, provisioning and deployment to production environments